[Full-Time] Deputy Director
MAS Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF) is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community in particular with their social service needs. MAS-SSF provides social services to Muslim families, seeks Deputy Executive Director.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in multiple languages representing the Muslim population, projects targeting youth and the elderly population, and community education.
Salary, Hours, and Location
40 hours a week/salary and benefits are negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience. This position is in Sacramento, CA.
The Deputy Director will serve under and assist the Executive Director in planning and administering programs compliance with regulations and management. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director to meet the organization’s needs and take on additional efforts. The following are the responsibilities:
General Management and Administration
- Works with the Executive Director on strategic planning for MAS-SSF.
- Administer all insurance contracting, liability, and reporting.
- Administer building lease and communications with the landlord, including building and equipment maintenance, safety, and repair.
- Lead and supervise staff, counselors, volunteers, and consultants for the Amala HopeLine Program.
- Lead and supervise the staff and volunteers for Al-Afia for Seniors Program.
- Lead and supervise the TAY youth program
- Lead and manage the volunteers of MAS-SSF
- Conduct staff evaluations for Amala, Al Afia, and TAY.
- Identify opportunities to improve staff professional development opportunities individually and as an organization.
- Lead Monthly and Annual Impact reports
- Lead upkeep of the website and social media.
- Responsible for writing blogs of events and training.
- Manage office operations.
- Lead and develop training efforts.
- Manage the organization in the absence of the Executive Director
- Attend committee and MAS SSF Executive Committee meetings and report on various tasks.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Provide support for staff that require additional training and direction
- Provide support fundraising committee
- Provide support for event management
- Provide support with advocacy and policy efforts
- Provide support with a Memorandum of Understand agreement with organizations that support MAS-SSF’s mission and vision.
- Oversee and supervise human resources personnel policies and procedures, including maintaining employee personnel files, overseeing payroll and compensation processes, benefits, and quarterly performance management systems, in accordance with MAS-SSF’s policy and legal requirements.
- Develop and oversee Health benefits for staff.
- Review and revise all procedures, systems, and policies on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all human resource-related matters are handled appropriately and in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Maintain and update personnel handbooks.
- Develop and maintain job postings and descriptions and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct work experience in non-profit administration, finance, and budget management.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in leading programs.
- Minimum experience of 3 years with the development of budgets.
- Experience as a strategic thought partner with the ability to engage in creative, entrepreneurial thinking and execute to operationalize strategies and new initiatives.
- High degree of integrity and dependability, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with project or program committees.
- Proven track record as an impactful negotiator, team player, and relationship builder.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing efficiencies, and guiding investment in people, systems, and facilities.
- Skill with risk management and insurance liabilities issues and in contracting and reporting processes.
- Experience as a manager responsible for HR administration and benefits.
- Excellent supervision and people-management skills and a proven ability to mentor, motivate and support through inclusive leadership practices and collaborative problem solving, able to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a positive, supportive, cooperative, proactive, can-do attitude in fulfilling the MAS-SSF mission.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to function well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and work with a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit finance, business, or related field.
- Public speaking and presentation skills for at least 5 years.
- Experience working with the Middle Eastern, North African, and South Asian communities.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking initiative, flexibly, and through a team process with others.
- Experience with delivering training.
- Experience with outreach and marketing of a program.
- Experience in health education, public health, and social services.
- Experience with social media.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to manage ever-changing priorities.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Deputy Executive Director). For any questions, please email Executive Director email@example.com.
- Open until filled