Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF) is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community, particularly with their social service needs. MAS-SSF is dedicated to providing social services to Muslim families, seeks a Program Manager for the Community Education Program.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in multiple languages representing the Muslim population, programs targeting youth, adult and the elderly population, and community education.
Salary and Hours
40 hours a week @ $25.00 hourly rate.
The Program Manager position is funded for 2 years with a possibility of a longer period dependent on available funding.
The Program Manager’s essential duties will include coordinating the activities for two community-driven projects: 1) significant community education offerings and 2) the restoration of the Each Mind Matters (EMM) project 3) Other programs as required.
The Program Manager responsibilities include achieving the following goals through the community education and EMM programming: a) Build community capacity to address mental health through prevention and early intervention b) Increase participation in MAS-SSF program among first-timers as well as engaged individuals c) Reduce stigma and discrimination through the support of the community leaders and as a result of participating in MAS-SSF programs d) Create access and linkages to mental health treatment and other needed services e) Improve timely access to services through information and resource referrals.
Bachelor of Arts or Science or equivalent is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend, organize, schedule, and conduct training.
- Actively participate in committee work.
- Ability to read and write at a university level in English.
- Helps support community education committees to carry out tasks as assigned
- Develop and deliver workshops.
- Working on weekday evenings and weekends will be required depending on the committee meetings and events.
- Working with members and volunteers to carry out tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in an annual performance evaluation.
Preferred or Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience :
- Experience working with communities coming from the Middle East, North African, and South Asian communities.
- Public speaking and presentation skills for at least 2 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic backgrounds are required.
- The ability to establish and track budgets is required
- Administrative experience for at least 3 years.
- Must have strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- The ability to read and write at a university level in Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Pashto, or Urdu is preferred.
- The ability to work collaboratively while taking the initiative flexibly and through a team process with others is preferred.
- Experience with non-profits for at least 2 years is preferred.
- Experience working with project or program committees is preferred.
- Experience with delivering training is preferred.
- Experience with outreach and marketing of a program is preferred.
- Experience in health education, public health, and social services is preferred.
- Experience with social media is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed is preferred.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to manage ever-changing priorities are preferred.
- Reports to the Executive Director
Application Process: For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Program Manager)
Final Filing Date
- Open until June 16, 2021