Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF), is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community with their social service needs. MAS-SSF provides social services to Muslim families, seeks a Program Manager.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in multiple languages representing the Muslim population, programs targeting youth, adult and the elderly population, and community education.
Salary and Hours
40 hours a week @ $27.13 hourly rate, 20 % fringe benefits, equipment provided.
*The Program Manager position is funded until August 2021 with a possibility of a longer period dependent on available funding.
The mission of the Crisis Counseling Program (CCP), is to assist individuals and communities in recovering from the effects of natural and human‐caused disasters by assisting survivors in understanding their current situation and reactions, mitigating stress, developing coping strategies, providing emotional support, and encouraging linkages with resources and longer-term support services. MAS-SSF will provide community outreach and support leveraging a virtual service delivery for individuals impacted by COVID 19. These services include time-limited, culturally proficient, emotional, and crisis support sessions to affected populations throughout the identified region that has been impacted by COVID‐19 and are experiencing negative outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
** it is subject to change depending on the funder’s requirements**
- Attending weekly All Program Coordinators meetings with CalMHSA to discuss status updates, coordinate training, and address any challenges to meeting contract deliverables.
- Attending monthly All Program Coordinators meeting with CalMHSA to discuss updates, progress on CalHOPE Support efforts, challenges, and other pertinent topics. Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation
- Meeting individually with CalMHSA personnel at a minimum of once per month to discuss efforts, contract monitoring, and problem-solving.
- Meeting individually with CalMHSA personnel as necessary to ensure coordination of contracted deliverables.
- Weekly reporting to CalMHSA
- Develop and conduct outreach plan weekly.
- Manage, organize, and support crisis counselors weekly.
- Attend, organize, schedule, and conduct training.
- Ability to read and write at a university level in English.
- Develop and deliver workshops.
- Working on weekday evenings and weekends will be required.
- Working with members and volunteers to carry out tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in an annual performance evaluation.
Preferred or Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience managing staff and volunteers for a busy clinic/social services office/crisis or warm counseling line. The line will operate from 9-5 M-F.
- Ability to start immediately is required.
- Experience working with communities coming from the Middle East, North African, and South Asian communities.
- Public speaking and presentation skills for at least 2 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic backgrounds are required.
- Ability to establish and track budgets is required.
- Administrative experience for at least 3 years.
- Must have strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and write at a university level in Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Pashto, or Urdu is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking the initiative, flexibly, and through a team process with others is preferred.
- Experience with non-profits for at least 2 years is preferred.
- Experience working with project or program committees is preferred.
- Experience with delivering training is preferred.
- Experience with outreach and marketing of a program is preferred.
- Experience in health education, public health, and social services is preferred.
- Experience with social media is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed is preferred. Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to manage ever-changing priorities is preferred.
Bachelor of Arts or Science or equivalent is preferred.
Reports to the Executive Director Application
For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with cover letter to email@example.com (subject: Program Manager)
Final Filing Date
Open until filled.Apply!