Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF), is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community in particular with their social service needs. MAS-SSF is dedicated to providing social services to Muslim families, seeks an Outreach and Resource Coordinator.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community providing counseling in the multiple languages representing the Muslim population, programs targeting youth, adult, and the elderly population and community education.
Outreach and Resource Coordinator
Salary and Hours
20 hours a week @ $15.00 hourly rate.
The Outreach and Resource Coordinator is funded for 2 years with the possibility of a longer period dependent on available funding.
The Outreach and Resource Coordinator’s essential duty will be to reduce stigma and discrimination through the support of the community and because of participating in MAS-SSF programs. Provide coordination and outreach efforts to the community, organizations, mosques, and community members to expand program services, supports and referrals. The position also includes developing and maintaining an outreach plan to ensure adequate referrals to all program services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a resource database.
- Deliver workshops to help reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Support the fundraising committee to help sustain programs.
- Provide support to coordinate events and trainings.
- Conduct intake services and track data records.
- Helps support various committees to carry out tasks as assigned.
- Working on weekday evenings and weekends will be required depending on the client/consumer schedule, for committee meetings and events.
- Working with members and volunteers to carry out tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in an annual performance evaluation
Required Knowledge or Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with the Middle Eastern, North African, and South Asian communities is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic backgrounds is required.
- Detail-oriented, flexibility, and ability to manage ever-changing priorities are required.
- Public speaking and presentation skills are required.
- Experience in delivering training is required.
- Experience with an outreach program is required.
- Administrative experience for at least 2 years is required.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office is required.
- Applicants must know how to write emails, formal letters, and take meeting minutes and notes.
- Fluency in Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Pashto or Urdu language is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking initiative, flexibly and through a team process with others is preferred.
- Experience with non-profits for at least 1 year is preferred.
- Experience working with program committees is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent, such as GED or baccalaureate, is preferred.
- Experience in health education, public health, and social services is preferred.
- Experience with social media is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed is preferred.
- Reports to the Executive Director
Application Process: For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Outreach and Resource Coordinator )
Final Filing Date
- Open until July 8, 2020