Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF), is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community in particular with their social service needs. MAS-SSF is dedicated to providing social services to families, seeks an Administrative Assistant.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in the multiple languages representing the Muslim population, programs targeting youth and the elderly population, and community education.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary and Hours: 40 hours a week @ $15.00 hourly rate
- This is a non-exempt full-time position.
- Health insurance will be provided.
The administrative assistant will provide support to the Executive Director for the counseling program and the community education program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide support to programs and committees to carry out tasks.
- Maintain a database for membership.
- Maintain a database for donors.
- Maintain a database for volunteers.
- Working on weekday evenings and weekends will be required for committee meetings and events on a needed basis.
- Working with members and volunteers to carry out tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in an annual performance evaluation.
- Maintain Google Drive information.
- Making calls to clients, and stakeholders.
- Interacting with financial systems.
- Office Administration: At least 2 years (3 preferred)
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and should be capable to create documents and type minimum 40wpm.
- Positive interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to move from one task to another efficiently
- Ability to speak read and write English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, members, and volunteers from diverse communities and economic background is required.
- Applicant must know how to write emails, formal letters, and take meeting minutes and notes in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking initiative, flexibly and through a team process with others is preferred.
- Experience with non-profits for at least 1 year is preferred.
- Experience working with programs or program committees is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent, such as GED or baccalaureate, is preferred.
- Public speaking and presentation skills preferred.
- Experience with social media is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed is preferred.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, flexibility and ability to manage ever-changing priorities are preferred.
- Driver’s License (Required).
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director
Application Process: For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes with cover letter and references to email@example.com (subject: Administrative Assistant)