Muslim American Society – Social Services Foundation (MAS-SSF), is a local non-profit organization that aids families at large and the Muslim community in particular with their social service needs. MAS-SSF is dedicated to providing social services to Muslim families, seeks a mental health clinical supervisor.
MAS-SSF is a leading advocate for the social services needs of the community, providing counseling in the multiple languages representing the Muslim population, projects targeting youth and the elderly population, community education and support groups.
Job Title: Mental Health Clinical Supervisor
This is a contracted position and rates can be negotiated.
Provides group and individual clinical supervision to Associate Marriage Family Therapists (AMFTs), Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASWs), and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCCs) in culturally diverse clinical counseling program, assists with counseling program development and reviews client charts to ensure HIPAA compliance. The performance evaluation will be in accordance with MAS-SSF policies and procedures.
The MAS-SSF Board will oversee the clinical supervisor in a manner consistent and in compliance with the legal and ethical counsel provided by the Behavioral Board of Sciences (BBS). For the guidance of doubt, this shall include code of ethics set by the clinical counselor’s respective professional counseling association or by nonprofit’s code of ethics or any other legal advisors retained by the board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps develop counseling policies and procedures
- Provides weekly group and individual clinical supervision to counseling associates
- Reviews client charts to ensure compliance with professional standards
- Ensures program compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Promotes the development of counseling associates through evaluations and feedback
- Provides data reports to Executive Director monthly
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or other mental health-related fields
- Must be a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Clinical Psychologist in good standing with the Board of Behavioral Sciences and licensed for at least two years
- Must have completed the necessary coursework to supervise Marriage Family Therapists (AMFTs), Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASWs), and Associate Professional Clinical Counselors ( APCCs)
- Must be culturally competent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have superior problem solving and decision-making skills as well as strong analytical skills
- Must be a talented team builder
- Must have excellent management and leadership skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment
For inquiries or to apply, please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Mental Health Clinical Supervisor)
Final Filing Date: Open until filled